According to an ancient tradition, in 1360 a shepherd lost his sheep on Mount Lussari. After a while he found them bent on their knees around a mountain pine bush. To his great surprise, he noticed a small statue of Mother Mary and Jesus in the middle of the bush. He took it and gave it to the Parish Priest of Camporosso village. But the next day the statue was back on Mount Lussari with the sheep on their knees around it. It happened again and again, so the Parish Priest informed about this the Patriarch of Aquileia who gave precise orders for a chapel to be built where the little statue had been found.
Hotel Ristorante Pizzeria La Baita
Via dei Forte, 4
33010 Malborghetto Valbruna (UD)
Tel: +39 0428 41959